All students who obtain a high school diploma or local equivalent prior to the start of the program and who possess English language skills equivalent to the B1 level of the European Framework may apply to the Foundation Year Program. Please note that we cannot accept O-Levels or AS-Levels as an entrance qualification. The application process is selective and seeks out motivated students who show both the intellectual and social promise to thrive in a diverse international study environment.
When to Apply
The rolling admission process for Fall intake begins on October 15 and closes latest on August 15. Students who require a visa for Germany should apply by June 15, since the visa process can take up to two months.
Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis. As spaces are limited and are filling up quickly, we recommend students to apply as early as possible.
How to Apply
Please submit your complete application to the Foundation Year Program which consists of:
- the online application form
- a short motivation statement
- your high school transcripts
- a reference letter from a teacher or a counselor
- a proof of English language proficiency (minimum score of 65 on the TOEFL iBT / 5.5 on the IELTS (UK) / 90 on the Duolingo English Test / 46 on the Pearson PTE Academic or the Cambridge Certificate (FCE))
If you have any questions regarding the application process contact us any time: foundationyear [at] jacobs-university.de